Ritter Endodontics is proud to offer the latest in endodontics technology and techniques to provide more effective and more comfortable treatments for our valued clients. Below are some of the cutting-edge tools and methods employed by endodontists at our practice, including surgical microscopes, digital radiographs, 3D imaging, GentleWave® procedures, and endodontic laser treatment.
Modern endodontists often utilize surgical microscopes to improve the precision and success of their treatments. At Ritter Endodontics, we’ve been using surgical microscopes for decades. Here’s why they’re beneficial:
- Magnification: Surgical microscopes can magnify the treatment area, allowing Drs. Ritter and Susin to see intricate details of the tooth.
- Better Lighting: Bright, directed light provides a clearer view, especially in the inner portions of the tooth.
- Accuracy: Enhanced visibility allows for more accurate treatment, reducing the risk of complications.
- Shorter Treatment Time: Better visibility can mean quicker identification and resolution of problems.
Gone are the days of waiting for X-ray films to develop in a darkroom. The digital radiographs (X-rays) offered at Ritter Endodontics provide several advantages in endodontic practice.
- Speed: Images appear on a computer screen almost instantly.
- Re-takes: If needed, another image can be captured right away.
- No Chemicals: Digital X-rays don’t require chemicals for developing, which is better for the environment.
Increased Patient Safety
- Reduced Radiation: Digital radiographs emit up to 90% less radiation compared to traditional X-rays, which reduces the risk of exposure for patients.
3D Imaging (Cone Beam Technology)
For a comprehensive view of the tooth and surrounding structures, we use 3D imaging, also known as Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT).
At Ritter Endodontics, our CBCT imaging offers many advantages to our team and our patients, including:
- Three-Dimensional: Offers a complete 3D image of the tooth, bone, and surrounding structures.
- Precise Treatment Planning: Helps in assessing the shape and number of canals the tooth has, and aids in detecting any anomalies.
Safe and Quick
- Reduced Radiation: Compared to regular medical CT scanners, CBCT emits much less radiation.
- Fast Scan Time: Most scans are completed in less than a minute.
GentleWave® is a groundbreaking procedure that offers a minimally invasive approach to root canal therapy. At Ritter Endodontics, we’re proud to offer this cutting-edge treatment method to help ensure success and patient comfort.
The GentleWave® procedure offers many advantages to traditional root canal therapy, including:
- Advanced Cleaning: Uses fluid dynamics and broad spectrum acoustic energy to clean and disinfect the root canal system.
- Preservation: Requires minimal instrumentation, and preserves more of the tooth’s natural structure.
- Less Discomfort: Many patients report less pain and discomfort compared to traditional methods.
Endodontic Laser Treatment
Laser technology has made its way into endodontics, which offers another avenue for effective treatment. At Ritter Endodontics, Dr. Ritter and Dr. Susin are both skilled in endodontic laser treatment.
The advantages of endodontic laser treatment include:
- Precision: It targets diseased or damaged tissue with accuracy, minimizing damage to healthy tissue.
- Reduced Discomfort: Some patients find laser treatment to be more comfortable than traditional methods.
- Quicker Healing: Laser treatments can promote faster tissue regeneration and reduced inflammation.
Experience the Latest in Technology and Treatments at Ritter Endodontics
Technological advances in endodontics provide patients with more options, reduced pain, and quicker recovery times. If you’re in need of root canal treatment or other endodontic procedures, know that the tools and techniques available at Ritter Endodontics make for a more comfortable and efficient experience.
Talk with your general dentist about a potential referral, or call the experienced team at Ritter Endodontics at (919) 403-5000 for a consultation today.